Resources: Radio Receivers and DXing
While many people enjoy being able to transmit on the broadcast bands, others find it equally rewarding to capture an elusive radio signal from a distant transmitter. Here are some resources dedicated to the sport of radio listening. Some of these resources may be useful recommendations to help improve listenability to your Part 15 AM band transmitter.Some receivers may cover additional radio spectrum other than the commercial AM broadcast band. It can be just as fun to receive a signal from around the globe as well as across the country. Likewise, some of the equipment carried by these merchants may not include the standard FM broadcast band.
AM Radio Receiver Enthusiasts (FM & Shortwave, too!):
- Jeffrey McMahon's great blog covering radios, watches, life and assorted topics that fall into his mission of "Saving Your Manhood in an Era of Shriveling Masculinity."
- Radio enthusiast Jay Allen's wonderfully comprehensive radio receiver site for the hardcore portable and vintage radio collector.
- Radio enthusiast and amateur radio operator William Scott's excellent blog on "... basically all things concerning radio."
- Your guide to shortwave radio listening, news and shortwave radio reviews.
Equipment Manufacturers and Merchants:
- Universal Radio - Extensive selection of radio equipment
Radio DXing Publications:
- DXing.com - Excellent resources for radio DXing
- DX Zone.com - Ham Radio Resource Guide.